Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A group of letters occurring after a period in a file name, indicating the format of the file.
- ‘The protocol name is simply the filename, excluding any file extension.’
- ‘When I try to click these files, a window appears and asks me to select the appropriate file extension.’
- ‘This is done by viewing the file extension in the email attachment.’
- ‘Have you ever gotten an e-mail from a friend with a file extension you may not be familiar with?’
- ‘My best guess is that Ed has accidentally saved some images with the wrong file extension.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.