Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A tropical disease caused by the presence of filarial worms, especially in the lymph vessels where heavy infestation can result in elephantiasis.
- ‘Malaria, filariasis, and dengue fever are the three major causes of morbidity and mortality in developing countries.’
- ‘Lack of awareness regarding all vector-borne diseases like filariasis is the major bottleneck in the promotion of such schemes.’
- ‘At a time when diseases spread by mosquitoes such as dengue fever and filariasis are on the increase, the experts' warning is alarming.’
- ‘Lymphatic filariasis was classified into acute or chronic disease.’
- ‘In 2002, 32 countries used mass drug administration to stop transmission of lymphatic filariasis.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.