One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A tropical disease caused by the presence of filarial worms, especially in the lymph vessels where heavy infestation can result in elephantiasis.
- ‘Lymphatic filariasis was classified into acute or chronic disease.’
- ‘In 2002, 32 countries used mass drug administration to stop transmission of lymphatic filariasis.’
- ‘Lack of awareness regarding all vector-borne diseases like filariasis is the major bottleneck in the promotion of such schemes.’
- ‘At a time when diseases spread by mosquitoes such as dengue fever and filariasis are on the increase, the experts' warning is alarming.’
- ‘Malaria, filariasis, and dengue fever are the three major causes of morbidity and mortality in developing countries.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.