One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A numerical expression representing the performance or efficiency of a given device, material, or procedure.
- ‘In other words, they want a single figure of merit for white light instead of one each for red, green, and blue.’
- ‘The key figures of merit of these PC structures are the narrowness of the peak in the emission spectrum and the energy density of the emission.’
- ‘Of course, there are many other possible classification schemes that could employ increasing levels of specificity by combining attributes or by deriving new figures of merit.’
- ‘The economic figure of merit for a solar cell is dollars per peak Watt (US $/ Wp).’
- ‘The main figure of merit is sustained performance per unit cost.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.