One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘If there is ever a personification of stone-faced fiendishness, it's Lance.’
- ‘But spam filters have become an unexpected and pitiless foe - complicating the battle by their fiendishness.’
- ‘The collected fiendishness of Frankenstein, Dracula, Freddy, Chucky, the Mummy, Norman Bates's mommy, and Rosemary's baby cannot hold a candle to the terror wrought by an insecure actor, a monomaniacal director, or a stalking camera.’
- ‘He wants to show us that the entire world is made up of hidden facets of fiendishness, be it in the rather routine gore of a food factory or, with Eyes, the secret experiments of a deranged doctor.’
- ‘According to one newspaper, ‘the fiendishness and brutality of his acts were such that the postal laws will not permit us to print them.’’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.