Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A play in which the fielding team's decision to put out another player allows the batter to reach first base safely.
- ‘Wiebe reached base on a fielder's choice, then scored the deciding run on an RBI double by Jeff Thomson.’
- ‘On the following day, he again smacked three singles, reached on a fielder's choice, and struck out.’
- ‘Not only did Crawford leg out a fielder's choice to allow Chris Singleton to score, but the pressure he put on Orlando Hudson caused a throwing error.’
- ‘Baker bounced into a force play allowing the Dodgers to score a run on a fielder's choice.’
- ‘In an intrasquad game the day before the exhibition opener, Murray reached first on a fielder's choice.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.