One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A play in which the fielding team's decision to put out another player allows the batter to reach first base safely.
- ‘Not only did Crawford leg out a fielder's choice to allow Chris Singleton to score, but the pressure he put on Orlando Hudson caused a throwing error.’
- ‘On the following day, he again smacked three singles, reached on a fielder's choice, and struck out.’
- ‘In an intrasquad game the day before the exhibition opener, Murray reached first on a fielder's choice.’
- ‘Wiebe reached base on a fielder's choice, then scored the deciding run on an RBI double by Jeff Thomson.’
- ‘Baker bounced into a force play allowing the Dodgers to score a run on a fielder's choice.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.