A close-fitting, knee-length military boot.
gumboot, wellington, wader, walking boot, riding boot, jackboot, thigh boot, half-boot, ankle boot, pixie boot, chelsea boot, balmoral, desert boot, moon boot, snow bootView synonyms
- ‘‘Welcome,’ says a woman neatly dressed in jods, field boots, and a light blue ratcatcher shirt.’
- ‘GI Joe's field boots were basically wartime versions of the rugged brogans familiar to farm labourers and other working stiffs who spent a lot of time on their feet.’
- ‘Cyndy Williams, boot buyer at Dover has bought back the popular Konig Dressage boot and added a new field boot from Tuff Rider with a clever slide zip, which hides the seams.’
- ‘So on the face of it, Skee-Tex field boots are the perfect solution to these compromises.’
- ‘Mawson had, as I have, a pair of worn field boots.’
- ‘A gifted rider is a horseman, whether they wear cowboy boots or English field boots.’
- ‘But I can't go there with my field boots, so the next step is to send even smarter robots instead.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.