One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Oberarzt, fiddlesticks, he was not a real Doktor at all, but perhaps had once been some lowly wardsman in a pre-war Krankhaus.’
- ‘Watch out for those who wax pious about their imagined sacramental link with their constituencies - to which we should reply fiddlesticks.’
- ‘I suppose one could still say, ‘Oh fiddlesticks.’’
- ‘That would make this revival number… oh, fiddlesticks, I've lost count.’
- ‘Oh fiddlesticks, it has been over three weeks, we might never move on to the real swords at this rate.’
A violin bow.
- ‘The daughter and the bewildered father leave, but leave the fiddlestick behind.’
- ‘Here's my fiddlestick; here's that shall make you dance.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.