One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A chronic disorder characterized by widespread musculoskeletal pain, fatigue, and tenderness in localized areas.
- ‘Antidepressants such as amitriptyline and prothiaden are sometimes used to treat chronic pain, including fibromyalgia.’
- ‘The main symptoms of fibromyalgia are pains, tender areas, and tiredness.’
- ‘They say that widespread body pain is a cardinal feature of fibromyalgia.’
- ‘It can be used for a variety of conditions like migraine headaches or fibromyalgia, even cancer pain or inflammatory bowel disease.’
- ‘Studies of clinic patients with fibromyalgia have suggested that it is a difficult condition to treat and symptoms resolve infrequently.’
- ‘Patients who rely on pain therapies suffer from everything from back and neck pain caused by car accidents to chronic fatigue syndrome and fibromyalgia.’
- ‘Several clients reported the ability to sleep better and a decrease in the pain and stiffness associated with fibromyalgia.’
- ‘Melatonin may be used to treat insomnia, delayed sleep phase syndrome, fibromyalgia, or jet lag.’
- ‘The pain of arthritis and fibromyalgia keeps me awake most nights.’
- ‘The definitive differentiation between myofascial pain syndrome and fibromyalgia is made by physical examination.’
- ‘The goals of treatment for fibromyalgia are to control pain and improve function.’
- ‘This unfortunate merry-go-round is especially serious with certain painful conditions like fibromyalgia.’
- ‘No glands were palpable, so it might be that previously both patients and doctors have misinterpreted the tenderness of fibromyalgia as lymphadenopathy.’
- ‘There is also substantial overlap with other functional disorders such as chronic fatigue syndrome, fibromyalgia, and chronic pelvic pain.’
- ‘Patients with fibromyalgia have tender points by definition.’
- ‘There may even be groups for specific types of chronic pain, such as arthritis, fibromyalgia or irritable bowel syndrome.’
- ‘Indeed, women who are deficient in vitamin D often are misdiagnosed with fibromyalgia or even somatization syndromes.’
- ‘There are no specific tests for fibromyalgia and diagnosis can be difficult because of the variation in symptoms from person to person.’
- ‘The cause and pathophysiology of fibromyalgia are unknown.’
- ‘Experts estimate that six million Americans suffer from a mysterious condition called fibromyalgia.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.