Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A benign fibrous tumor of connective tissue.
- ‘Desmoplastic fibroma is generally classified as a benign tumor and has not been shown to metastasize.’
- ‘Sebaceous cysts, fibromas, papillomas, adenomas, sarcomas, carcinomas, and melanomas also have been reported.’
- ‘Lipomas, hemangiomas, neuromas, and fibromas are benign neoplasms that occur in the neck.’
- ‘Characteristic dermal fibromas and dermal or subcutaneous neurofibromas generally appear in late childhood or adolescence.’
- ‘In about 1 percent of affected people, one or more fibromas become malignant and require treatment (surgery, chemotherapy and/or radiation).’
Mid 19th century: from Latin fibra (see fiber) + -oma.
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.