Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for sillimanite
- ‘The mineral assemblage is quartz + plagioclase + K-feldspar + biotite + cordierite + andalusite fibrolite.’
- ‘Mesosomes are invariably associated with a leucosome component and are composed of biotite accompanied by fibrolite, minor quartz, plagioclase and retrograde muscovite and chlorite.’
- ‘Sillimanite, which occurs both as fibrolite and as prismatic grains, grows across the L-S fabric in part defined by biotite, and is clearly post-kinematic with respect to the type - 1 tectonites.’
- ‘In sample 17, development of the S-C fabric was postdated by growth of late garnet and fibrolite.’
- ‘The new arrivals include the ‘golden felspar’, natural glass and fibrolite from Tanzania.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.