Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[attributive] (of a disease) characterized by the development of fibrous tissue and cystic spaces, typically in the pancreas or the breast.
- ‘Most breast tenderness that comes and goes with the period is due to benign fibrocystic disease and should not be a cause for concern.’
- ‘If a person has had a biopsy that shows certain kinds of fibrocystic disease, she may be at increased risk.’
- ‘The rest of the breast tissue showed fibrocystic changes.’
- ‘Women with a fibrocystic disease should continue to do breast self-examination.’
- ‘Postmenopausal women receiving estrogen replacement therapy may also present with breast pain caused by fibrocystic changes.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.