One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Cartilage that contains fibrous bundles of collagen, such as that of the intervertebral disks in the spinal cord.
- ‘One of the most common cartilage injuries is damage to the fibrocartilage in the knee joint.’
- ‘Magnetic resonance imaging or computerized axial tomography scans are not sensitive enough to distinguish between hyaline cartilage (ie, normal) and fibrocartilage (ie, scar).’
- ‘In addition, pathologically the masses were composed of a mixture of degenerated ligament tissue, fibrocartilage, necrotic material, and fibrin, with calcification and vascular ingrowth.’
- ‘The well-defined zone of tendon, fibrocartilage, calcified cartilage, and bone had not been re-established.’
- ‘Unlike desired hyaline cartilage, repair fibrocartilage has diminished resilience and a predilection for deterioration over time.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.