Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Cartilage that contains fibrous bundles of collagen, such as that of the intervertebral disks in the spinal cord.
- ‘In addition, pathologically the masses were composed of a mixture of degenerated ligament tissue, fibrocartilage, necrotic material, and fibrin, with calcification and vascular ingrowth.’
- ‘One of the most common cartilage injuries is damage to the fibrocartilage in the knee joint.’
- ‘Unlike desired hyaline cartilage, repair fibrocartilage has diminished resilience and a predilection for deterioration over time.’
- ‘The well-defined zone of tendon, fibrocartilage, calcified cartilage, and bone had not been re-established.’
- ‘Magnetic resonance imaging or computerized axial tomography scans are not sensitive enough to distinguish between hyaline cartilage (ie, normal) and fibrocartilage (ie, scar).’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.