One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Cartilage that contains fibrous bundles of collagen, such as that of the intervertebral disks in the spinal cord.
- ‘One of the most common cartilage injuries is damage to the fibrocartilage in the knee joint.’
- ‘In addition, pathologically the masses were composed of a mixture of degenerated ligament tissue, fibrocartilage, necrotic material, and fibrin, with calcification and vascular ingrowth.’
- ‘Unlike desired hyaline cartilage, repair fibrocartilage has diminished resilience and a predilection for deterioration over time.’
- ‘The well-defined zone of tendon, fibrocartilage, calcified cartilage, and bone had not been re-established.’
- ‘Magnetic resonance imaging or computerized axial tomography scans are not sensitive enough to distinguish between hyaline cartilage (ie, normal) and fibrocartilage (ie, scar).’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.