One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A cell in connective tissue which produces collagen and other fibers.
- ‘Collagen is synthesized by fibroblasts, the living cells present in all connective tissue, so named because they generate fibres - of collagen.’
- ‘A dense band of fibroblasts, collagen fibers, proteoglycans, and occasional mast cells encase the granuloma.’
- ‘The researchers also added connective tissue cells called fibroblasts to the mix as a crucial third ingredient.’
- ‘Its primary function is at sites of inflammation, where it is produced in macrophages, fibroblasts, and synovial cells.’
- ‘This application of topical nitric oxide may stimulate wound fibroblasts to increase collagen synthesis and remodeling.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.