Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A tumor formed of mixed fibrous and glandular tissue, typically occurring as a benign growth in the breast.
- ‘In this study, most benign tumoral lesions were categorized as fibroadenomas and adenomas.’
- ‘There are benign breast tumors called fibroadenomas (some women call the ‘fibroids’), which are part of the fibrocystic tendencies.’
- ‘Benign lumps can be caused by cysts (sacs of fluid which build up in the breast tissue) or fibroadenomas (solid growths made up of fibrous and glandular tissue).’
- ‘Among benign breast tumors, fibroadenomas were the most common.’
- ‘For example, a teenager with a fibroadenoma (fibroid tumor) may choose to have the lump removed by excisional biopsy.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.