One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A tumor formed of mixed fibrous and glandular tissue, typically occurring as a benign growth in the breast.
- ‘Among benign breast tumors, fibroadenomas were the most common.’
- ‘There are benign breast tumors called fibroadenomas (some women call the ‘fibroids’), which are part of the fibrocystic tendencies.’
- ‘In this study, most benign tumoral lesions were categorized as fibroadenomas and adenomas.’
- ‘Benign lumps can be caused by cysts (sacs of fluid which build up in the breast tissue) or fibroadenomas (solid growths made up of fibrous and glandular tissue).’
- ‘For example, a teenager with a fibroadenoma (fibroid tumor) may choose to have the lump removed by excisional biopsy.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.