One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A tumor formed of mixed fibrous and glandular tissue, typically occurring as a benign growth in the breast.
- ‘There are benign breast tumors called fibroadenomas (some women call the ‘fibroids’), which are part of the fibrocystic tendencies.’
- ‘In this study, most benign tumoral lesions were categorized as fibroadenomas and adenomas.’
- ‘For example, a teenager with a fibroadenoma (fibroid tumor) may choose to have the lump removed by excisional biopsy.’
- ‘Among benign breast tumors, fibroadenomas were the most common.’
- ‘Benign lumps can be caused by cysts (sacs of fluid which build up in the breast tissue) or fibroadenomas (solid growths made up of fibrous and glandular tissue).’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.