One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The enzymatic breakdown of the fibrin in blood clots.
- ‘However, successful fibrinolysis probably depends on drug delivery to the clot, and as blood pressure falls, so reperfusion becomes less likely.’
- ‘It is likely better to consider it as more fibrinolysis than clotting.’
- ‘This includes the use of erythropoietin, surgical techniques that minimise blood loss, and drugs that inhibit fibrinolysis; greater degrees of anaemia are tolerated, and phlebotomy undertaken for diagnostic testing is minimal.’
- ‘Molecular markers related to hemostasis and fibrinolysis consist of proteins or peptides that indicate an ongoing physiological or abnormal process related to clot formation, thrombosis, vascular damage, or drug effect.’
- ‘Increasing stomach pH in patients with an acute bleeding peptic ulcer will enhance platelet function and inhibit fibrinolysis, but do these actions result in better patient outcomes?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.