One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Consisting of or using thin flexible fibers with a glass core through which light signals can be sent with very little loss of strength.‘high-speed fiber-optic broadband’
- ‘At times, the company had strung fiber-optic cable inside its old pipelines.’
- ‘At night, a field of 14m high black masts illuminates the plaza with skinny strips of fibre-optic cable.’
- ‘The company, headquartered in Houston, had just put its own 18,000-mile broadband fiber-optic network in the ground.’
- ‘All told, 39 million miles of fibre-optic line now criss-cross the US, enough to circle the globe 1566 times.’
- ‘Orange indicator LEDs are interlaced through the panel with an array of fibre-optic points which create headlamps.’
- ‘The company is the world's leading provider of the basic building blocks for fiber-optic networks.’
- ‘Fiber-optic lights in the ceiling give the effect of a nighttime sky.’
- ‘The supplier of components used in fibre-optic telecom networks published its first quarter results today.’
- ‘The United States will shift from making investments in telecommunications to making investments in fiber-optic technology.’
- ‘The facility is equipped with Internet access via a fiber-optic system 10,000 times faster than cable modem.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.