One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The last time this happened, the feudalists took over a monarchy and then North America.’
- ‘There are three power centres in Pakistan: the feudalists and the elite with their money; the army with the guns and the ulema with its jehadi army and the claim to be ‘protectors of Islam’.’
- ‘In lieu of political support to a regime, whether military or quasi-democratic, feudalists exact favours through ministerial positions, loans and property allocations.’
- ‘Poundbury is made up of little houses for little people, living in their place and lorded over by a benevolent monarch with a number of castles and palaces to call home; a feudalist's dream.’
- ‘In fact, he is an old-right feudalist, a man who longs for a world where everybody knows ‘their place’ under Nature and nobody is troubled by ‘dangerous ideas like progress’ and science.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.