A white salty Greek cheese made from the milk of ewes or goats.
- ‘Also absent from the list of toppings are Gorgonzola, feta and blue cheeses, fresh garlic, arugula, zucchini and capers.’
- ‘Many Greek dishes contain cheeses, such as feta made from goat's or sheep's milk.’
- ‘Other staples include rice, yogurt, figs, shish kebab, feta cheese (made from goat's or sheep's milk), and whole-grain bread.’
- ‘Cheese has as much relevance now as it does in winter; especially the fresh goat cheeses and lighter cheeses such as feta, ricotta and mozzarella.’
- ‘The traditional Greek salad is made with lettuce or spinach, feta cheese, tomatoes, onions, cucumbers, olives, oregano, and olive oil.’
- ‘If you don't like the assertive flavor of a blue cheese, try Asiago or feta cheese instead.’
- ‘Restaurant experiences have helped consumers get accustomed to cheeses like feta and asiago, which were foreign to them just a few years ago.’
- ‘We have more than enough to make feta and soft goat cheeses, with milk left over for drinking and cooking.’
- ‘They go well with the strong Mediterranean flavours of anchovy, garlic, capers, extra virgin olive oil, rosemary and oregano, and Greek cheeses such as feta and halloumi.’
- ‘Cheeses follow the general pattern of the Balkan region and include a white brine cheese similar to the Greek feta.’
- ‘Begin a meal with a selection of the house's homemade classic meze, or appetizers, including hoummos, tzatziki, eggplant dip, Greek yogurt and feta cheese.’
- ‘In this restaurant, you can actually choose which cheese to have with your tomatoes and basil: mozzarella, French goat's cheese, feta cheese, or Bulgarian sheep or cow sirene.’
- ‘Limit cheese intake to Parmesan or feta cheese (used on main dishes or salads).’
- ‘There is also a Greek cuisine promotion, which features quasi-traditional Greek dishes, including the appetizer platter with pita bread, hummus, tzatziki, eggplant dressing, Greek yogurt and feta cheese.’
- ‘Other starters sounded well worth a try, such as the sambusek - deep-fried pastry parcels filled with spinach, feta cheese, sultanas and pine nuts, served with sweet tamarind, tomato and mint chutney.’
- ‘Spoon some English mint and tomato mix, Bel Paese, Pecorino Romano, feta, and lamb over each pizza dough and place on the grill to melt.’
- ‘Bulgarian cheese is like feta but sharper and far more salty.’
- ‘The hot dishes included lamb koftas with creamy aubergine dip, and grilled vine leaves filled with feta, ricotta, pinenuts and dried tomatoes.’
- ‘These days I can't get away with eating quite so much but I'm definitely looking forward to eating Greek food like feta and hummus when I go out to commentate at the Olympics.’
- ‘Their mild, almost nutty flavour works well with a salty cheese such as feta - though they are sublime with shaved Parmesan, too.’
From modern Greek pheta.
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.