One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for Bon
- ‘I'm hearing through the grapevine that the Knights of Columbus in Salem Mass. are putting the kibosh on the ‘Festival of the Dead’ thing that was going to be held at their hall.’
- ‘I think that O-Bon - the ‘Festival of the Dead,’ upcoming in August - can be special this year.’
- ‘One of the biggest celebrations is in Montana at Missoula's Annual Festival of the Dead.’
- ‘All Saints' Day today, and Sunday's Festival of the Dead, are major dates in the French religious calendar.’
- ‘Among them are the celebration of the birth, enlightenment, and death of the Buddha; the monks' entry into and exit from the rainy season retreat; the Festival of the Dead; and offerings to the monks, called Kathin.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.