One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Very enthusiastically or passionately.‘he fervently believes he's doing the right thing’‘I fervently opposed the change’
- ‘Never have I more fervently wished for the return of the silent film era.’
- ‘It's a fervently political film that should compel viewers to action.’
- ‘Students were working as fervently as ever.’
- ‘I wished fervently to be back in the safety of my room.’
- ‘Nobody believes more fervently in the American Dream than he does, yet the dream has somehow eluded him.’
- ‘Poe continued to write fervently and was published in several magazines of his day.’
- ‘Marie clings fervently to the hope that he will soon return.’
- ‘This is his best film, and I fervently hope it will not be the last.’
- ‘He was largely self-educated, a militant atheist, and believed fervently in man's capacity for self-improvement.’
- ‘I prayed very fervently for my mother's recovery.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.