One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An alloy of iron and silicon used in the production of steel and some types of iron.
- ‘The majority of such iron is made by treatment with ferrosilicon containing 5 or 10% magnesium.’
- ‘Late additions of ferrosilicon have been reported to increase toughness.’
- ‘One of the most common silicon-iron alloys, for example, is ferrosilicon.’
- ‘The fishing industry is of vital importance to the economy, accounting for three-quarters of exports; other exports are aluminium (produced from imported alumina) and ferrosilicon.’
- ‘In the second process, the ore is converted to magnesium oxide, which is then treated with the alloy ferrosilicon.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.