One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Large, ferny, deeply dissected leaves make this a favorite.’
- ‘Use the ferny leaves on a sandwich in place of lettuce, mix them with other salad greens, steep them in white-wine vinegar, or bruise them and add them to a wine spritzer.’
- ‘Come September, attractive ferny foliage is a backdrop to yellow, lemon-peel flowers, which mix with fascinating tousled seed heads as the flowers drop.’
- ‘It has grown more than two metres high this year despite being in a relatively small container and has covered a decent area of wall with its ferny foliage with a few stems finding their way into the bamboo growing nearby.’
- ‘On the other hand, a planting that combines large, tropical-looking leaves with fine-textured, ferny foliage will have pizzazz.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.