One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The lily ponds up above the fernery were completely full of silt and the top end of the main lake had to be cleaned.’
- ‘Elma has great plans for a water feature and a fernery (collection of different ferns) and her enthusiasm was really infectious.’
- ‘The fernery near the rose garden had fallen into disrepair, and in 1988 the Christchurch City Council set aside a sum of $6000.00 for its demolition.’
- ‘We've got rough bark covered in moss and dripping with green fernery, quite a way up the trunk of the tree.’
- ‘Be sure to visit the historic fernery while you are there.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.