Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A barroom in a contemporary design that includes ferns and other plants.
- ‘As mentioned above, the musical bits sound very good, and might have you chewing olives at the local fern bar if you aren't careful.’
- ‘They met at a fern bar near their subway stop, but neither of them had much to say.’
- ‘The erstwhile fern bar is one of the latest and busiest meeting grounds for the young, professional and available.’
- ‘Instead of spending every Friday night with your friends, playing pool and drowning your sorrows in beer, head for a fern bar and play some games.’
- ‘And truth be told, it still is a fern bar.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.