Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A barroom in a contemporary design that includes ferns and other plants.
- ‘They met at a fern bar near their subway stop, but neither of them had much to say.’
- ‘And truth be told, it still is a fern bar.’
- ‘As mentioned above, the musical bits sound very good, and might have you chewing olives at the local fern bar if you aren't careful.’
- ‘The erstwhile fern bar is one of the latest and busiest meeting grounds for the young, professional and available.’
- ‘Instead of spending every Friday night with your friends, playing pool and drowning your sorrows in beer, head for a fern bar and play some games.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.