One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Large dinosaurs could have obtained their daily energy requirements from a low quality fiber diet presumably due to a slow rate of passage and long exposure of digesta to fermentative digestion than smaller dinosaurs.’
- ‘As they discovered the inebriating qualities of some fermented foods, they focused attention on those fermentative processes, ultimately leading to the beer and wine industries of today.’
- ‘It is well established that adaptive responses, such as increased alcohol dehydrogenase gene expression and fermentative metabolism, are initiated under conditions of hypoxia, as well as anoxia.’
- ‘By definition, foregut fermentors comprise animals with a pregastric fermentation chambers such as the rumen, reticulum, and omasum of ruminants and diverticula or fermentative sacs of other ruminant-like mammals.’
- ‘The fermentative activity of these microbes results in the production of volatile fatty acids that are absorbed by the host animal and make a variable and in some cases considerable contribution to its nutritional economy.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.