One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A minor collision between motor vehicles.
- ‘You probably remember it - a woman claimed that she had gotten in a minor fender bender with a man in California.’
- ‘I had had a fender bender with the jet parked to my left.’
- ‘The bumpers and the fender usually bear the brunt of the accident; thus, minor accidents are usually called fender benders.’
- ‘Inherent in the sport of auto racing are fender benders and collisions.’
- ‘‘Thank goodness it was only a fender bender,’ Rutan told reporters.’
- ‘I got out of the car to help the victim and said ‘Hey, it's just a fender bender.’’
- ‘Shrewd design practices can take the sting out of your customers' fender benders.’
- ‘Within one year, I got into two little fender benders, rushing from one thing to another.’
- ‘Everyone would agree that car accidents - from the most minor fender bender to the worst wrecks - are bad.’
- ‘It's an unattractive sight, like watching a fender bender turn into a forty-car crash.’
- ‘He beat up two elderly men in a Maryland suburb in 1999 after a minor fender bender and two years later reached an out-of-court settlement with two women who accused him of assaulting them in a restaurant in the nation's capital.’
- ‘A slow smile crept across my face at the irony of this; a few months earlier Matt had been in a fender bender with Lia and Aly as his passengers, and Aly had been really freaked by the accident for a few days.’
- ‘On his way to a squash game with a friend, Henry gets into a fender bender.’
- ‘This is in contrast to the use of gasoline, which is a much safer fuel, despite Hollywood movies where a simple fender bender causes a car to explode!’
- ‘It wasn't a fender bender, it was a complete crunch.’
- ‘From minor fender benders to life-threatening crashes, skateboarding has seen it all.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.