Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The quality of being female; womanliness.‘she celebrates her femininity by wearing makeup and high heels’
womanliness, feminineness, womanhood, womanly qualities, feminine qualitiesView synonyms
- ‘The collection also highlights femininity through soft cutting lines.’
- ‘The destruction of femininity is an erosion of civilisation.’
- ‘For many people, roses symbolise passion, sexuality and femininity.’
- ‘She's a woman, and dresses with style and femininity, which is wonderful to see.’
- ‘Be proud of your femininity, your intelligence, and your ability to create life.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.