One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A pen with a writing point made of felt or other tightly packed fibers, typically containing a brightly colored ink.
- ‘A 15-year-old, who lives in central Littleborough, used a felt-tip pen to write on walls at Littleborough Community Primary School.’
- ‘If it helps to draw on a couple of eyes with a felt tip then go right ahead.’
- ‘It was done completely with highlighters, and a black felt tip pen.’
- ‘Or you can simply paint them all over with a red felt-tip pen.’
- ‘When she found one she marked it with a felt tip pen.’
- ‘My so-called life as a designer means that doodles and dotted lines, boxes and arrows are the atoms of understanding I have to construct in my notebook with a black felt-tip pen.’
- ‘I remember the hamster incident but not the felt tip pens.’
- ‘Trace the pattern outlines using wax chalk, a soap sliver, a felt-tip pen or an air-soluble marker that contrasts with the fabric backing.’
- ‘Six years ago he was blinded in one eye when he was stabbed with a felt-tip pen by a fellow patient.’
- ‘There was a moment of odd silence but after that she nodded and she handed the black felt tip over to him moments later.’
- ‘Next, using a felt tip or pencil, draw lines parallel to the edges of the tile to be replaced, about one inch in from the edge.’
- ‘I need a couple of ball points, a felt tip and a couple of gel roller ones.’
- ‘I actually wrote out betting slips for myself, with a felt-tip pen and post-it notes.’
- ‘The procedure was split into two parts: the first was to mark the ‘targets’ on my body with a felt-tip pen.’
- ‘Mark the wall with a felt-tip pen or dark pencil through the circled hole.’
- ‘Conner found that both the felt-tip pen and marker enabled him to free the mark from any descriptive function.’
- ‘There are a couple of patches where the paint's gone, but nothing that can't be filled in with touch-up paint, or a blue felt-tip pen.’
- ‘With a felt-tip pen, he drew a line on the block and hammered it a couple of times to make it fit its neighboring ones.’
- ‘Someone had written my name across it in a black felt tip pen.’
- ‘Within minutes, Ben had got his felt tip pen out and was happily writing his name on it.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.