One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Become able to stand or walk.
- ‘She began to feel her legs again, so she brought herself up to a stand with little effort.’
- ‘She finally finds her legs and she runs to the door that leads to her backyard, expecting to find comfort in her cocker spaniel, Pounce.’
- ‘Nikki faltered and found her legs again as she sat down.’
- ‘My senses finally rushing back to me, I found my legs and charged out of the elevator with a vivacity that I didn't even know I possessed.’
- ‘Fighting for air, Allie found her legs and began kicking upward in the frigid water.’
- ‘‘You'd better sit down, until you find your legs,’ advised Terry.’
- ‘The man behind Madia let go quickly enough and slid sideways to join his friend, leaving Madia to find her legs again.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.