One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A food provided for cattle and other livestock.
- ‘His rations change daily according to available feedstuffs like citrus pulp, brewers grains, sorghum silage and other by-products of the area.’
- ‘Typically, if enough land is available in an operation to produce feedstuffs for the animals, there is enough land to apply manure nutrients to minimize environmental effects.’
- ‘A supplement was formulated based on the results of the forage test, nutritional requirements of beef cows, and locally available feedstuffs.’
- ‘However, seasonal variation among individual feedstuffs and environmental conditions do exist.’
- ‘Limit-feeding of high concentrate feedstuffs and other least-cost diets have been well researched and established as viable alternatives to feeding hay for ad libitum intake.’
- ‘Some feedstuffs, particularly roughages, may appear to contribute enough amino acid to help satisfy the requirement.’
- ‘Lower prices for alternative high protein feedstuffs such as soybean meal have resulted in lower prices for meat and bone meal.’
- ‘The appendix tables cover the nutrient requirements for many species and composition of common feedstuffs.’
- ‘Metabolizable energy was calculated using values for individual feedstuffs.’
- ‘It not only promotes appetite, but also enables the masking of unpalatable feedstuffs such as poor hay and silage.’
- ‘From the 1830s farmers began to use increasing quantities of artificial fertilizers and animal feedstuffs, pushing up productivity to new levels.’
- ‘‘The bottom line is the costs have gone through the roof for feedstuffs, fertiliser and veterinary care,’ said Councillor Cronin.’
- ‘The diffusion of rye and oats, mainly reserved for animal feedstuffs in antiquity, was slow at first, accelerated from the seventh century onwards, and expanded dramatically in the tenth century.’
- ‘In addition, various combinations and processing methods of food waste and traditional feedstuffs should be further evaluated.’
- ‘In this instance, the dioxin source was traced to contaminated animal fats that had been added to chicken feed and other animal feedstuffs.’
- ‘The transition in digestive enzyme development will therefore have a direct impact on the type of feedstuffs used in formulating starter pig diets.’
- ‘Avoid getting hay or other feedstuffs in the sample.’
- ‘Different feedstuffs vary in their phytate content.’
- ‘The greater variation in feedstuffs used in horse feeding compared with the feeding of other animals poses difficulty in determining all of the essential amino acid requirements for horses.’
- ‘Several people have been concerned about the possibility of nitrates in the chopped feedstuffs.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.