Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The modification or control of a process using its anticipated results or effects.
- ‘Connections that proceed from the sensory periphery to the higher-order areas of the brain that are implicated in more complex processing are known as ascending or feedforward projections.’
- ‘More generally, feedforward with respect to the environment (other performers, for example) implies some predictive model of action in the world.’
- ‘To achieve such a goal requires an understanding of the regulation of photosynthesis in the wider picture of the whole plant and its environment, taking into account feedforward and feedback controls of photosynthesis.’
- ‘Our prediction, then, is that decision optimization should follow a learning curve that is similar to weight modification in feedforward networks with Hebbian learning and prototype learning in recurrent networks’
- ‘Therefore, feedback or feedforward interactions may conceivably occur between different hormones and AOS.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.