Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The modification or control of a process using its anticipated results or effects.
- ‘To achieve such a goal requires an understanding of the regulation of photosynthesis in the wider picture of the whole plant and its environment, taking into account feedforward and feedback controls of photosynthesis.’
- ‘Our prediction, then, is that decision optimization should follow a learning curve that is similar to weight modification in feedforward networks with Hebbian learning and prototype learning in recurrent networks’
- ‘Therefore, feedback or feedforward interactions may conceivably occur between different hormones and AOS.’
- ‘Connections that proceed from the sensory periphery to the higher-order areas of the brain that are implicated in more complex processing are known as ascending or feedforward projections.’
- ‘More generally, feedforward with respect to the environment (other performers, for example) implies some predictive model of action in the world.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.