One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A school from which many or most students progress to a particular higher-level educational institution.‘the school takes pupils from six main feeder schools’
- ‘The four targeted schools educate kindergarten up to Grade 4 students and are feeder schools to larger elementary schools.’
- ‘Another key area for development is liaison with primary feeder schools.’
- ‘At the same time, our feeder schools were realising that to prepare their pupils effectively for secondary school, they needed to know what we were doing.’
- ‘Macalester was also mentioned in The Wall Street Journal in its list of the top 50 feeder schools for top graduate schools.’
- ‘But of the other top 10 feeder schools, only Bruce College Limerick charges fees.’
- ‘The Open Day is being advertised throughout the Eastern Cape, with potential feeder schools being targeted.’
- ‘They have a certain secondary school in mind, so want to move into the catchment area for one of its primary feeder schools.’
- ‘We celebrate certain religious dates with a mass and are very involved with our four Catholic feeder schools.’
- ‘By involving the five feeder schools, it is hoped that pupils would receive continuity of support and tuition.’
- ‘Staff from Guidance Services and heads of careers from York College feeder schools attended the event.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.