Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
1A feebleminded person.
- ‘I can't believe the feebs who are calling in to discuss the blackout.’
- ‘They got started, and I went over and smacked Ron one for being such a feeb.’
- ‘If you look at the camera or anywhere else, you'll look like a feeb.’
- ‘On screen, however, he's a bumbling, fumbling, stuttering feeb.’
- ‘Actually going to that feeb for help was worse than surrendering to dad and admitting I was nothing.’
2An FBI agent.
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.