Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Of the length of a typical feature film or program.‘a feature-length documentary’
- ‘It was good to have the experience of shooting a feature-length film in 32 days.’
- ‘The rise in popularity of feature-length documentaries over the last few years is an important political phenomenon.’
- ‘What started out as her thesis morphed into a lauded feature-length documentary.’
- ‘The inclusion of two valuable feature-length documentaries makes this a terrific value for your purchasing dollar.’
- ‘Britain's favourite man-and-dog team are back for a feature-length big-screen adventure.’
- ‘I think these are questions best addressed by a feature-length film or long book.’
- ‘This role-reversal is central to both of Stanley's feature-length narrative films.’
- ‘It is only with his fourth feature, The Navigator, that Keaton makes the transition to full feature-length comedic narrative.’
- ‘This feature-length documentary explores its namesake, an old form of health care that the authors of this film clearly subscribe to.’
- ‘First up is a feature-length featurette on the movie, which clocks in at over an hour and twenty minutes.’
- ‘His first big break in Austria came in 1990 with the cinematic release of a controversial feature-length documentary.’
- ‘It would be Rozema's first feature-length film, however, that would propel her into cinema's international limelight.’
- ‘It will be expanded into longer, feature-length films or TV series.’
- ‘The best is a feature-length commentary by director George Sidney, who passed away in May of this year at the age of 85.’
- ‘Then there is a feature-length documentary on Garland called Judy Garland: By Myself.’
- ‘He had the much underrated skill, both as a writer and a director, to transfer stage-honed comic personas to the big screen in sustained feature-length outings.’
- ‘In a trailer for the feature-length documentary the men, who are not identified, are seen leaping from radio masts.’
- ‘The remaining two discs have one feature-length film each.’
- ‘The series is introduced through a feature-length episode that pits Wolfe and Archie against the FBI.’
- ‘For instance, feature-length documentaries must not be shown on television before or six months after their theatrical release.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.