Ornamental zigzag sewing.
- ‘She would add feather stitch embroidery to the neckline of the plain housedresses she bought.’
- ‘The most effective stitches are tri-motion straight, zigzag and decorative stitches such as cross and feather stitches.’
- ‘Feather Stitch is a little more advanced than some of the stitches we've been doing but I think you guys can handle it.’
Sew (something) with a featherstitch.
- ‘Feather stitching, in this example, is used in an eighth-inch space between eighth-inch tucks.’
- ‘You can vary the tension and the width of the stitches to create different effects, just as in Feather Stitching on plain fabric.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.