One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
With a lack of fear.‘he fearlessly challenges the Government's version of events’‘He acted fearlessly when necessary’
- ‘Her latest song is about what all of her best songs are about: dealing fearlessly with the consequences of her latest mistake.’
- ‘He was appointed medical officer and again fearlessly exposed inadequacies in management and the harshness and dishonesty of officials.’
- ‘The conductor led his musicians fearlessly through the complicated tempo changes.’
- ‘Tthe main character fearlessly confronts difficult ethical issues.’
- ‘Fearlessly, she disappeared from her home for hours without her mother knowing where she was.’
- ‘The 25-year-old player tackled fearlessly in defence and was, therefore, awarded his first man-of-the-match award.’
- ‘The muscle-bound St. Petersburg native stripped to the waist and plunged fearlessly into the icy river.’
- ‘Expect, too, plenty of backbenchers to step forward fearlessly to criticise the leadership.’
- ‘I reject the comments made by the previous speaker that any attempt to debate these issues openly and fearlessly is somehow engaging in racial hysteria or racial division.’
- ‘The princess snapped shut her parasol and then suddenly ran forward fearlessly through the water with a whoop.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.