One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A member of a group of French painters who favored Fauvism.as modifier ‘a Fauve canvas by Matisse’
- ‘For today's artists and art lovers, the Fauves were ‘honest in their emotions.’’
- ‘Following their lead, the French Fauve painters, under the auspices of Matisse, took the power of color another step further.’
- ‘It was about this time that he was really struck by the color and simplicity of Matisse and other Fauve artists.’
- ‘The painterly freedom of the Fauves and their expressive use of color gave splendid proof of their intelligent study of van Gogh's art.’
- ‘In their early years, they might have worked with others - Matisse was a Fauve, Picasso briefly teamed up with Braque - but they are not today defined by such associations.’
- ‘Now the Fauves are considered among the most important early modern artists.’
- ‘His earliest works show the influence of the Fauve and Cubist movements that were fashionable in Spain during the early part of the century.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.