One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The only point in rehearsing these notorious facts, which deter investment and inhibit economic growth, is to mark the fatuousness of proposals to solve everybody's problems, ours and theirs, by pouring in more foreign aid.’
- ‘It's a comic performance and it's the character's fatuousness which makes it so funny.’
- ‘The same fate befell others who similarly attempted to contribute to moral, political, and ethical debate beyond the fatuousness and anonymity of talk-back radio.’
- ‘That makes you understand the fatuousness of nationalism because you can't tell the nationality of a bone.’
- ‘In the darkest days of the Dark Ages, no superstition surpassed this one for silliness, fatuousness, or just plain ignorance.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.