Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for fixed oil
- ‘You will therefore need to provide your horse with an additional source of omega - 3 with EPA / DHA to counteract the poor fatty oil balance.’
- ‘The obvious outcome of all this, then, is that all the food is cooked in the same greasy, fatty oil, which has no where to escape and instead attaches itself to the food.’
- ‘Essential oils can be distinguished from fatty oils because they can be volatilised by heat and will evaporate.’
- ‘But a team of California researchers has found that a diet rich in fatty oils from cold-water fish can halt the progression of dementia - even in those who may be genetically predisposed to Alzheimer's disease.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.