One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
adjective & adverb
- ‘He has no ‘fatherlike’ protective tendencies, etc.’
- ‘Dad was in there too, reading the paper or tinkering with our forever-malfunctioning refrigerator or something kitcheny and fatherlike.’
- ‘He relates to high school recruits with his easy, fatherlike personality.’
- ‘A heavyweight champion by the age of 20, Tyson's fatherlike figure D' Amato had already passed away.’
- ‘Then Howie meets Big John, who becomes like a fatherlike figure to him.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.