One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
adjective & adverb
- ‘Then Howie meets Big John, who becomes like a fatherlike figure to him.’
- ‘Dad was in there too, reading the paper or tinkering with our forever-malfunctioning refrigerator or something kitcheny and fatherlike.’
- ‘He has no ‘fatherlike’ protective tendencies, etc.’
- ‘He relates to high school recruits with his easy, fatherlike personality.’
- ‘A heavyweight champion by the age of 20, Tyson's fatherlike figure D' Amato had already passed away.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.