One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A stupid person.
idiot, ass, halfwit, nincompoop, blockhead, buffoon, dunce, dolt, ignoramus, cretin, imbecile, dullard, moron, simpleton, clodView synonyms
- ‘The most infamous are those fatheads who are barely in their train seat before announcing the fact loudly into their handset.’
- ‘I want to hear him read some scary fiction or corny old poetry, play his nose flute, then get us all to open our windows and shout, ‘Excelsior, you fatheads!’’
- ‘Rather we need to constantly criticise their ideas and ours so we don't become fatheads.’
- ‘Oh, and really, I work all day to ensure that fatheads like you get to drive your stupid cars around and never have to walk an inch in your miserable lives.’
- ‘Optimesse feels like real optimism and looks like real optimism, but it will never make you look like a fathead.’
- ‘And it is selfishness like that which will crush socialism, you fathead!’
- ‘That thing you were sent is written by a fathead anyway.’
- ‘What's there is a roaring, muralistic street scene peopled by fathead dreamers, mournful patriarchs, and shrill ideologues - the whole American carnival.’
- ‘This might be a good time to rethink your no-guns policy, fathead!’
- ‘Instead he's stoned with his fathead cousin throwing rotten eggs at luxury cars from an 11th floor balcony.’
- ‘It wasn't too long ago that the last place I would have expected to see him would be sitting in the hot seat beside that fathead, but things change.’
- ‘Why can't you understand what you're saying, you fathead!’
- ‘This manager apparently was a real fathead.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.