One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A stupid person.
idiot, ass, halfwit, nincompoop, blockhead, buffoon, dunce, dolt, ignoramus, cretin, imbecile, dullard, moron, simpleton, clodView synonyms
- ‘I want to hear him read some scary fiction or corny old poetry, play his nose flute, then get us all to open our windows and shout, ‘Excelsior, you fatheads!’’
- ‘Optimesse feels like real optimism and looks like real optimism, but it will never make you look like a fathead.’
- ‘Oh, and really, I work all day to ensure that fatheads like you get to drive your stupid cars around and never have to walk an inch in your miserable lives.’
- ‘What's there is a roaring, muralistic street scene peopled by fathead dreamers, mournful patriarchs, and shrill ideologues - the whole American carnival.’
- ‘Rather we need to constantly criticise their ideas and ours so we don't become fatheads.’
- ‘And it is selfishness like that which will crush socialism, you fathead!’
- ‘Why can't you understand what you're saying, you fathead!’
- ‘That thing you were sent is written by a fathead anyway.’
- ‘This manager apparently was a real fathead.’
- ‘This might be a good time to rethink your no-guns policy, fathead!’
- ‘Instead he's stoned with his fathead cousin throwing rotten eggs at luxury cars from an 11th floor balcony.’
- ‘The most infamous are those fatheads who are barely in their train seat before announcing the fact loudly into their handset.’
- ‘It wasn't too long ago that the last place I would have expected to see him would be sitting in the hot seat beside that fathead, but things change.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.