One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An over-the-counter drug that claims to burn calories by increasing the rate of the body's metabolism.
- ‘When it comes to fat burners, the market has been flooded with gimmick after gimmick.’
- ‘Some of today's fat burners contain added tyrosine (and a very small amount at that), and claim that this ‘special’ ingredient works better than anything else.’
- ‘The problem is, some fat burners aren't that effective.’
- ‘This month, we follow up with our recommendations for fat burners to help keep your body in its fat-burning mode.’
- ‘It is a state-of-the-art fat burner that contains ingredients which are clinically proven to help burn fat-fast!’
- ‘With fat burners, there's often a stimulant effect.’
- ‘The idea of taking performance-enhancing drugs or fat burners to speed up or maintain her physical changes is repugnant to her.’
- ‘This is especially important for bodybuilders on high-protein diets, as well as those using creatine, fat burners or other supplements that affect hydration.’
- ‘We have examined several of the active ingredients commonly found in the leading commercial fat burners to determine whether or not you stand to benefit from taking them.’
- ‘Plus, some herbal products billed as energy boosters or fat burners contain caffeine-rich herbs such as guarana or stimulants such as ephedra.’
- ‘A good fat burner aids in reducing calorie consumption and increasing calories burned, but you need to help it along with a sound dietary regimen that minimizes calorie intake.’
- ‘Later, he'll add a protein supplement, a meal replacement and a fat burner.’
- ‘To get these muscular details in the world of bodybuilding, you need a powerful fat burner to help bring out all your deeply etched cuts and carved lines.’
- ‘Supplements, such as creatine monohydrate, whey protein, fat burners, and anti-inflammatory medication are ones that are oft used.’
- ‘As nutritional research progressed, we added amino acids, creatine, glutamine and fat burners to product lines.’
- ‘This unique 4 stage fat burner saves you money and helps you get the body you want faster.’
- ‘We see addictive stimulants sold as miracle fat burners, and while some people are injured and others die, product sellers appear to prosper.’
- ‘It's a state-of-the-art fat burner, containing specific ingredients that have been scientifically proven to work.’
- ‘Avoid thermogenics and fat burners containing ephedrine if you have a pre-existing condition or if you're a minor.’
- ‘Conjugated linoleic acid continues to earn research kudos as a fat burner.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.