One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An over-the-counter drug that claims to burn calories by increasing the rate of the body's metabolism.
- ‘Plus, some herbal products billed as energy boosters or fat burners contain caffeine-rich herbs such as guarana or stimulants such as ephedra.’
- ‘We see addictive stimulants sold as miracle fat burners, and while some people are injured and others die, product sellers appear to prosper.’
- ‘Later, he'll add a protein supplement, a meal replacement and a fat burner.’
- ‘We have examined several of the active ingredients commonly found in the leading commercial fat burners to determine whether or not you stand to benefit from taking them.’
- ‘With fat burners, there's often a stimulant effect.’
- ‘To get these muscular details in the world of bodybuilding, you need a powerful fat burner to help bring out all your deeply etched cuts and carved lines.’
- ‘This month, we follow up with our recommendations for fat burners to help keep your body in its fat-burning mode.’
- ‘The idea of taking performance-enhancing drugs or fat burners to speed up or maintain her physical changes is repugnant to her.’
- ‘Supplements, such as creatine monohydrate, whey protein, fat burners, and anti-inflammatory medication are ones that are oft used.’
- ‘The problem is, some fat burners aren't that effective.’
- ‘As nutritional research progressed, we added amino acids, creatine, glutamine and fat burners to product lines.’
- ‘It is a state-of-the-art fat burner that contains ingredients which are clinically proven to help burn fat-fast!’
- ‘It's a state-of-the-art fat burner, containing specific ingredients that have been scientifically proven to work.’
- ‘This is especially important for bodybuilders on high-protein diets, as well as those using creatine, fat burners or other supplements that affect hydration.’
- ‘Avoid thermogenics and fat burners containing ephedrine if you have a pre-existing condition or if you're a minor.’
- ‘A good fat burner aids in reducing calorie consumption and increasing calories burned, but you need to help it along with a sound dietary regimen that minimizes calorie intake.’
- ‘Conjugated linoleic acid continues to earn research kudos as a fat burner.’
- ‘Some of today's fat burners contain added tyrosine (and a very small amount at that), and claim that this ‘special’ ingredient works better than anything else.’
- ‘When it comes to fat burners, the market has been flooded with gimmick after gimmick.’
- ‘This unique 4 stage fat burner saves you money and helps you get the body you want faster.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.