One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A nuclear reactor in which fission is caused mainly by fast neutrons.
- ‘For such a leap, the country needs ‘accelerated systems’ or fast reactors which utilise thorium.’
- ‘In fact it is proposed to turn it into more fuel which could power fast reactors for 1000 years.’
- ‘The waste consists of 44 tonnes of ‘breeder’ fuel that was wrapped around the core of the Dounreay fast reactor, a prototype which was shut down in 1977.’
- ‘But after the reactor was abandoned, it was shipped to Dounreay in the early 1990s to burn in the British prototype fast reactor.’
- ‘An experimental fast reactor, built at Dounreay in the north of Scotland, began operation in 1959, and paved the way for the first fast-breeder reactor power station.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.