One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A neutron with high kinetic energy, especially one released by nuclear fission and not slowed by any moderator.
- ‘Mutation rates after low linear energy transfer radiation, such as X rays, rays, and fast neutrons, have been extensively studied in plants.’
- ‘They'd worked with slow neutrons instead of fast neutrons.’
- ‘LETs in this range are high and cannot be obtained with X rays or fast neutrons.’
- ‘The normalizing factor for exposure to alpha particles is 20, for thermal neutrons is two, for fast neutrons is 10, for protons is 10, and for beta particles is one.’
- ‘In the fast breeder reactor, the fuel is enriched up to 25 per cent and the reactor can be run on fast neutrons alone.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.