One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
attributive (of a muscle fiber) contracting rapidly, thus providing power rather than endurance.
- ‘That explosion is what stimulates the fast-twitch muscle fibers, which are the ones you want to target for building mass.’
- ‘The machine vibrates at such a high frequency it stimulates fast-twitch muscle fibers.’
- ‘‘That's an interesting question, but I'd say it combines reflexes for fast-twitch muscles and slow-twitch muscles, cardiovascularly and muscularly,’ he says.’
- ‘Mammalian muscle fibers can be divided into fast-twitch and slow-twitch categories which are determined by the nature of their contractile proteins.’
- ‘Learn the difference between fast-twitch and slow-twitch muscle fibers and how to stimulate them.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.