One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Denoting or relating to a type of high-quality self-service restaurant offering dishes that are prepared to order and more expensive than those available in a typical fast-food restaurant.‘the fast-casual spot offers wraps, rice bowls, house-made soups, and salads’‘fast-casual dining is on the rise in Tampa Bay’
- ‘Fast-casual chains that specialize in foods like burgers and sandwiches must try to distinguish themselves to succeed.’
- ‘The expansion will result in approximately two-thirds of the company's "fast-casual" restaurants being operated by franchisees.’
- ‘Nationwide, the top 49 fast-casual chains had $11 billion in sales in 2006, according to Technomic.’
- ‘Wild Noodles fits into the "fast-casual" dining category.’
- ‘Corner delis have been producing what might be called fast-casual food for decades, and street food is no longer just hot dogs.’
- ‘The Loop Cafe was a prototype spin-off restaurant of the successful Jacksonville-based chain that was one of the first in the "fast-casual" category.’
- ‘A fast-casual meal costs $2 to $3 more than ordinary fast food.’
- ‘Some New Yorkers accustomed to more expensive meals are trying fast-casual restaurants to save money, experts said.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.