Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
(of a person or style of clothing) very fashionable.‘it's become the clothing line of choice for fashion-forward women’
- ‘I also tell him what I think would be a nice fashion-forward style - what other people and my peers like.’
- ‘They must reorganize their workplaces to be able to take on a large mix of smaller fashion-forward and mass-customized runs.’
- ‘Fortunately for the less fashion-forward men like myself, women drive the men's fashion market.’
- ‘Moreover, Brookwood's stock division now carries more fashion-forward products, and is doing very well, she adds.’
- ‘With high-quality, fashion-forward tees, American Apparel aspires to be the "Starbucks" of the T-shirt world.’
- ‘But today's fashion-forward youth are taking things into their own hands.’
- ‘Creative designs can be as subtle or fashion-forward as the project requires.’
- ‘Diesel has become the clothing line of choice for fashion-forward fashionistas and fashion civilians alike.’
- ‘Our Boutique range is an in-house, design-led collection which is very directional and fashion-forward.’
- ‘So what is a fashion-forward guy to do?’
- ‘Other experts caution that only the young and thin can pull it off, or those who are very fashion-forward and daring.’
- ‘You've got your basic bread-and-butter guys, you've got some fashion-forward guys and you've got some retro looks.’
- ‘Aren't all the most fashion-forward ex-presidents carrying Tanner Krolle this season?’
- ‘A fashion-forward 2002 bikini they can don on the beach would suit them just fine.’
- ‘You'll adore great-smelling, fashion-forward scents.’
- ‘The fashion-forward French aren't the only ones wearing Weil's creations.’
- ‘All three share a certain flair for fashion-forward design.’
- ‘Nine West is a bit more fashion-forward, but their leather is often stiff.’
- ‘But more recently, fashion-forward labels, better known for their $2,000 handbags and red-carpet-worthy frocks, are starting to take a closer look at the kindergarten crowd.’
- ‘It is compelling, fashion-forward product with a great personality behind it.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.