Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Inflammation of the fascia of a muscle or organ.
- ‘Therefore, plantar fasciitis is the inflammation of an area inside the bottom of the foot.’
- ‘The inflammation is called plantar fasciitis and can be quite painful.’
- ‘In contrast to plantar fasciitis, age-related heel pain is greatest in the center of the heel, and is usually not present on arising in the morning.’
- ‘It could be months before Mona's plantar fasciitis improves, but I have convinced her to change shoes every 300 to 500 miles.’
- ‘Involvement of the sites of insertion of ligaments and tendons is manifested clinically as Achilles tendinitis, plantar fasciitis, and costochondritis.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.