One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The modern Persian language, a member of the Iranian branch of the Indo-European family written in Arabic script.Also called Persian
- ‘Among the immigrant population, English, Hindi, Urdu, Farsi, and Filipino are spoken.’
- ‘The intelligence agencies are woefully short of people fluent in Arabic, Farsi, and Urdu, and this is remediable.’
- ‘This was followed by some travel, including time in Iran, where she taught herself Farsi, the language of the area.’
- ‘Iran's official language is Farsi, which is also known as Persian.’
- ‘Islam and the Arabic language have bequeathed the Arabic alphabet for languages like Farsi, Urdu, Old Hausa and others.’
From Arabic fārsī, from Fārs, from Persian Pārs ‘Persia’. Compare with Parsee.
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.