One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person employed to work on a farm.
- ‘Agricultural pesticides may be applied by farmworkers or growers to reduce infestations of insects or rodents.’
- ‘Approximately 30 percent of farmworkers migrated over the course of the summer.’
- ‘Still later, social reformers found ample material to photograph in California - from migrant farmworkers to unemployed factory workers.’
- ‘There are generally no other jobs available for unemployed farm workers in a rural area.’
- ‘In the nineteenth century, there was a regular pattern of seasonal migration of farm workers from Ireland to Britain.’
- ‘Female farmworkers ' access to housing often is dependent on their relationship to male farmworkers.’
- ‘For migrant farmworkers, health conditions are even worse.’
- ‘In stripping farm workers of any union rights, the Tories claimed to be defending the traditional family farm.’
- ‘There are an estimated 600,000 to 1 million farm workers in California.’
- ‘Farm workers receive the lowest wages of any sector in the country.’
- ‘During early summer of 1999, interviewers recruited farmworkers at 36 housing sites.’
- ‘The research was intended to make a contribution to validating the cultural citizenship of farmworkers in the U.S.’
- ‘Some farm workers make about $6.50 an hour picking apples.’
- ‘She was born to migrant farm workers from Mexico.’
- ‘The Safety Statement also includes safe farming procedures that must be applied by all farm workers for each task on the farm.’
- ‘Among the farm workers welcoming the weather was Paul Wainwright, of Holtby, near York.’
- ‘The morning jolt of mariachi comes from Radio Bilingue, one of the nation's only public radio stations aimed at farmworkers.’
- ‘Thousands of farm workers, mainly Spanish-speaking migrants, have been laid off.’
- ‘The risk of pesticide exposure among farmworkers is well established.’
- ‘On that day in October, our research agenda was to document some of the variable housing conditions of farmworkers in different labor camps.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.